Wacky Adventures of the Food Photographer and a Perfect Strawberry Cheesecake RecipePin this if you like it:
I’m always very demanding to myself, and I really don’t like when something happens out of plan. I’m getting very angry and nervous because of it. But sometimes such things just happen…
Girls from “Make My Cake” patisserie and their magical cheesecake (and it is truly magical, you can take my word, or better even cook it yourself, the recipe below, as always) I agreed to photograph early in the morning.
Now imagine, what is it like for the girl, to get up early in the morning, to do the make up, to get her hair done, and come to the shooting when people just starting to wake up, going for their business, angry and sleepy …
I meet girls, we’re having fun, joking, discussing some very important and necessary things, drinking coffee. Anna and Vitoria are gorgeous, wonderful and stunningly beautiful.
I begin to install my equipment, the large studio flash, with a huge soft box; in general. Standard process, nothing unusual.
But then I took the camera. And then I understood that I’ve forgot the battery. Well, actually I didn’t really forget it, but left in my client’s office with part of my photo equipment.
I was horrified ever to look at beautiful girls, and had no idea how to say them this information…
And then I’d remember that I had one battery at home, just one single battery from the camera accidentally forgotten long time ago.
I jumped in my car, and almost fly to my place. Well, to be short, the battery was found, and it was fully discharged.
As a conclusion, I confessed beauties, who had overcome many difficulties in order to garnish with themselves my project Food & Chef and share with you the recipe for this delicious strawberry cheesecake that I wasn’t ready to work.
We had a shoot the next day, the girls were even prettier, I haven’t forgotten anything, and we did a great job.
Well, now I pass the word to our beauties who will present you the most delicious, most beautiful strawberry cheesecake:
“Despite the fact that macarons are kind a visit card for us, we chose cheesecake. It’s summer, airy, very creamy dessert, which we are cooking with seasonal berries and berry coulis. Our cheesecake is made of two cheeses: Philadelphia and Mascarpone. And there are no more ingredients except eggs, sugar and vanilla, cause you don’t need anything else to cook the perfect cheesecake. Just a few ingredients, but the best quality”
- 200 g ground biscuits
- 100 g butter
- 600 g Philadelphia
- 200g Mascarpone
- 200 g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 vanilla pods
- 216 g strawberries
- 72 g sugar
- 27 ml lemon juice
- 500 g strawberries
- Grind cookies into crumbs.
- Melt the butter and pour it into the crumb. Mix thoroughly.
- Transfer the batter into the pan, and carefully press crumbs into bottom and edges. Put it in the freezer.
- Mix Mascarpone and Philadelphia cheeses in a food processor on the lowest speed.
- Gradually add sugar, keep whisking.
- Cut the vanilla pods and transfer seeds into the cream cheese batter.
- Then stir in the eggs one at a time.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated to 150oC oven for about 40-60-minutes. Let cheesecake cool in the pan.
- Puree strawberries in the blender, add sugar and lemon juice.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan and set it on fire. Bring to a boil, and simmer for a minute.
- Remove from heat, strain seeds from strawberries.
- Spoon cooled cheesecake with strawberry coulis and garnish with fresh strawberries.
“Learn to enjoy simple things, and pay attention to details, cause everything is composed of them. And let yourself to be a kid again sometimes.
It’s very simple – love what you’re doing, listen to the voice of your soul, and don’t waste time on vain things, whether uninteresting work, bright covers without sence, and, above all, public opinion.”